Monday, July 1, 2013

The Mighty Vatican

Last week I took an afternoon to visit the Vatican in all it's greatness. The vatican museums are very extensive and beautiful. There was so many beautiful paintings, extraordinarily life like sculptures, vast frescos, and just daunting greatness all around me. 

The Sistine Chapel was completely covered in paintings, it felt very overwhelming. Here is the illegal photograph I took inside... It isn't the best quality because I couldn't actually look at my camera while taking it.














By far my favorite part of my Vatican experience was climbing to the top of St. Peter's Dome. The treck to the top was around 500 steps, including very slanted narrow pathways. However the view from the top was breathtaking and so worth it. I could see all of Rome, and the hills beyond. It was a great view.





St. Peter's Basilica will always be the most astounding church, as well as the light that penetrates it, by no coincidence, in the most playful of ways.


Overall the Vatican was an amazing place that held so much beauty in it's paintings, architecture, sculpture, and history. I feel so thankful to have had the opportunity to visit this influential place.

No comments:

Post a Comment